BI Administrator – Informatica
The BI Administrator has to manage the Informatica, Cognos and other BI related applications. The BI Tools Administrator has to work closely with Oracle Database DBA and together support Production BI Systems. The BI Tools Administrator has to work with Developers and help them resolve the day to day issues and Deploy code to PROD and Non-Prod instances.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of BI Tools like Informatica, Cognos and Control-M.
- Work with on-site team and Collaborate.
- Work with developers and users to migrate code between non-production instances.
- Upgrade of Informatica Software.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve BI issues.
- Apply patches to the Informatica and Cognos Software.
- Manage routine Application backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide On-Call support to Production Systems.
- Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of BI administration.
- Good Communications Skills and should be able to communicate with Client and On-site team.
- Must have extensive knowledge of BI Tools like Informatica, Control-M and Cognos
- Must have extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.
- Must have extensive knowledge of BI Tools in a LINUX/Unix environment.
- UNIX/LINUX scripting knowledge is required.
- Thorough knowledge of SQL including PL/SQL.
- Willing to learn and support other related applications to BI.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Suitable experience will substitute.
- 6-8 years of overall experience in information systems is required with 6 years of Managing Informatica products working as a BI Admin.
- Knowledge of QlikView and other BI tools is preferred.