The Cognos Developer will be responsible for design and development activities as defined in functional specification documents. The developer will be responsible for designing, building, testing, maintaining and improving the multiple Cognos cubes and reports. The developer will collaborate with functional analysts as needed to scope, design, test, implement and support the BI reporting solutions.
- Provide analysis, requirements development, and documentation using Cognos BI Framework Manager metadata modeling.
- Provide analysis, requirements development and execution of Cognos 10 BI migrations and deployments.
- Gather and understand business requirements and translate them into TM1 solutions.
- Provide Cognos system administration in support of Cognos 10 BI installation and upgrades, configuration, data integration, and data management.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve Cognos Report issues.
- Work with on-site team and Collaborate. Support all phases of the project development lifecycle using SDLC and other project methodologies.
- Good Communications Skills and should be able to communicate with On-site team.
- Must have extensive development experience of Cognos 10 BI Framework Manager, Metrics Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio and Transformer.
- Strong experience in Cognos TM1 processes & Cube design.
- Should have experience in Design, develop and implement reports, metrics and dashboards using Cognos tools.
- Ability to independently develop Framework Manager Models and advanced Report Studio and/or Analysis Studio reports is required.
- Strong SQL skills handling complex data management, stored procedures and SQL performance tuning.
- Willing to learn and support other related BI Reporting Tools.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills and experience with project delivery;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Suitable experience will substitute.
- 5-6 years of overall experience in information systems is required with 5 years of development experience in different Information tools like Cognos Framework Manager, Transformers, Report Studio, and TM1 etc.