Control-M/EM & Control-M/Server pre-installation procedures on UNIX
- Configuring a user account on UNIX
- Setting environment variables in UNIX
- Verifying operating system levels and patches
- PostgreSQL UNIX kernel parameters
Verify before install
- This procedure describes how to verify the operating system level and patches with Control-M requirements. The “check_req” utility runs automatically in the background on every installation of Control-M full, Control-M/EM, Control-M/Server, and Control-M/Agent. The Health Checkutility utility collects the logs after it runs. The sh file is in the pre_req directory on the installation DVD
- Install Control-M/EM
- Install Control-M/Server
- Install Control-M Agent
- Control-M/EM Migration
- Control-M/EM Migration is a process that exports the data from the old environment to the new environment.
- Control-M Server data migration
- The Control-M/Server migration exports your Control-M/Server data from the old environment so that you can import the data into the new Control-M/Server environment.
- Install Control-M/EM 9.0.00 on RHEL 7, then apply latest fix pack
- Install Control-M/Server 9.0.00 on RHEL 7, then apply latest fix pack
- Install Control-M Agent 9.0.00 on RHEL 7, then apply latest fix pack
- Get the upgrade toolkits from these 2 installations and install these toolkits into respective version 7.0.0 Server.
- Export the data from both applications on Version 7.0.0 Server
- Bring exported data to RHEL 7 and import into both Control-M Server and Control-M/EM at RHEL
- Upgrade the agents on all other machines and then upgrade both Control-M Server and Control-M/EM on RHEL 7 to version 184.108.40.206 by just installing them on top of the version 9.0.00 that is running.
Install Ver. 9.0.00 on RHEL 7 first and do the data migrate from Ver. 7.0.0 and then do the in-place upgrade from Ver. 9.0.00 to Ver. 9.0.19
7.0.0 -> 9.0.00 -> 220.127.116.11
The following list of actions summarizes the upgrade process:
- Install version 9.0.00 in a new location and apply the latest fix pack
- Install the Upgrade export utility in the old environment
- Export the data from the old environment
- Import the data into the new environment
- Upgrade the agents on all other machines
- Upgrade both Control-M Server and Control-M/EM to version 18.104.22.168 (install on top of the version 9.0.00)
The upgrade tools for Control-M/EM and Control-M/Server enable you to export the data from your old environment and then import it into the new 9.0.00 environment. The export and import process can be repeated as many times as needed for testing
*1st Step Upgrade: 7.0.0 -> 9.0.0
*2nd Step Upgrade: 9.0.0 -> 9.0.19