Create a cluster in AWS
Download and install one of the following, depending on the system architecture of your SQL client tool or application:
- 32-bit:https://s3.amazonaws.com/redshift-downloads/drivers/odbc/126.96.36.1991/AmazonRedshiftODBC32-188.8.131.521.msi (The name for this driver is Amazon Redshift (x86)).
- 64-bit:https://s3.amazonaws.com/redshift-downloads/drivers/odbc/184.108.40.2061/AmazonRedshiftODBC64-220.127.116.111.msi (The name for this driver is Amazon Redshift (x64)).
Configure the DSN as shown below
- Open an odbcad32.exe by navigating to Windowsàsystem32
- Navigate to System DSN then click on Add
Select Amazon Redshift(x64) and click finish.
A wizard opens-up, provide all the details.
- Data source: Name for DSN
- Database: Database name as given in the cluster
- Server : End point URL from cluster
- Port: Port as given in Cluster
- Username and Password as configured with the cluster