- FileMaker Pro is a cross-platform relational database application from FileMaker Inc., a subsidiary of Apple Inc.
- It integrates a database engine with a graphical user interface (GUI) and security features, allowing users to modify the database by dragging new elements into layouts, screens, or forms.
What we can do with FileMaker Pro software?
- Use FileMaker Pro Advanced software to design and create custom apps for mobile, cloud, and on-premise environments.
- It is a right tool for Workplace Innovation Platform – the FileMaker Platform – to help them get out of their work rut and solve their unique business challenges.
How it works?
Create, share, access, and integrate your custom apps
Create: Design and create your custom app.
Share: Choose how to host your custom apps.
- Easily share information with your team in the cloud. FileMaker Cloud provides reliable access to your custom apps without the administrative hassle.
- Use FileMaker Server to securely share data with groups of FileMaker users via an on-premise server.
Access: Use your apps in a multi-platform environment.
FileMaker Pro Advanced: Use FileMaker Pro Advanced to run your custom apps on a computer.
iPad & iPhone
FileMaker Go: Use FileMaker Go to run your custom apps on iPad and iPhone.
FileMaker WebDirect: Use FileMaker WebDirect to run custom apps in a web browser.
Integrate: Connect your apps to other data sources, applications, and technologies.
The FileMaker Platform
- Easily exchange data with other web services and applications using REST APIs, cURL options, and JSON functions. Connect to existing data sources such as SQL, ODBC/JDBC, XML, and more. Manage processes and create views of information that span multiple systems across your business.
- As a professional developer are you experiencing any of these challenges in your job?
- Demand for mobile apps far exceeds the resources available to deliver them.
Lack of requirements
- Many businesses lack a clear vision for application requirements, especially in the mobile space.
Multiple complex technologies
- Enterprise platforms can be too rigid and require specialized expertise in each layer of the development stack.
- What if you had a unified platform that allowed you to rapidly develop and deploy customs apps in a low-code environment? The FileMaker Platform combines the data, business logic, and user interface layers so you no longer need multiple complex technologies to deliver apps for mobile, cloud, and on-premise deployments.
Following are some of the available modules with FileMaker Pro
- Invoicing Details
- Project Management
- Supply Management
- Inventory Tracking
- Event Planning
- Human Resources
- Asset Management